Friday, September 12, 2008

Skwerl



Imagine my surprise when I stumbled into my kitchen this morning and found myself face to face with a thieving squirrel. I must have left my kitchen window open last night and squirrely here was lookin for a snack. I really wasn't that surprised considering this little dude used to steal from Maya's kitchen (godiva chocolates no less) before she got a screen. Anyway, he picked the wrong apartment as I have, in terms of edible food, exactly two bulbs of garlic. And yes, he was doing that little dance...


Chris from Three Graces suggested incorporating some squirrel imagery into the decor for my kitchen, which I think is an excellent idea. Besides, I've always loved this squirrel money box from Generate Design... house warming gift?



6 comments:

Larissa Whitney said...

Maybe you should invite him/her to be your little pet and companion. You could have it collect nuts for you to store for the winter!

John Craver said...

I think he is a brazen new york squirrel... prob learned a few things from the Norway rats. In other words, I don't think he's lookin for a friend. He'd prob steal my credit card and order a few hundred pounds of cashews online.

Christopher Grace said...

I love this story. I think you need to incorporate a squirrel into the design of the room now. It was a sign.

M.W. said...

looks like a chichi to me---in squirrel disguise.

Unknown said...

this is MAGIC

Unknown said...

i think "dandydude" is hallucinating. clearly the powerful chichi is not hiding in a squirrel costume. that's absurd.