Monday, August 25, 2008

The Golden Age...

I am completely transfixed by the artwork from “The Golden Age of Illustration, which was a period of “unprecedented excellence in book and magazine illustration.” The amazing dreamlike creations of illustrators like Arthur Rackham, Aubrey Beardsley, Edmund Dulac, Kay Nielsen are always an inspiration. Not to mention they are beautiful and creepy which is a combination I adore. I’m particularly in awe of the color combinations in Edmund Dulac’s illustrations. I would love to somehow translate these color pallets into my décor.





3 comments:

Unknown said...

these are beautiful!!! thanks for sharing

Christopher Grace said...

I can totally see your aesthetic in these.

mayapants said...

What about going dark in the kitchen? Drawing from the last illustration in this series- which has some corpse tongue shades in it, and pair it with a darker leafy forest green- still allowing all of your lighter brighter cheerier green kitchen goods to pop in contrast... just a musing. I don't think i like the violets...
will pop my head in this eve tho to look in person.
Mwah!